CALL FOR LECTURES & DRAMATURGS
CALL FOR LECTURES & DRAMATURGS—ARIZONA OPERA
Lecturers and Dramaturgs
Date: May 25, 2022
Time 9 AM – 5 PM MST
Must be 18 or older
By Appointment Only- No auditions will be heard without an appointment.
Arizona Opera is seeking highly creative lecturers and dramaturgs with an opera background for its newly developed community alliances programs. Programs range in length from one-time events to longer residencies. Lecturing artists must be reliable, resourceful, positive, and have a strong interest in bringing the arts to Arizonians of all ages. Access to reliable transportation is required to provide services within a 50-mile radius of Arizona Opera’s administrative office located in Phoenix. These paid assignments range from ($50/ hr.to $150/perf.), are part-time and occasional. Please note: This opportunity is not a part of our OperaTunity school tours or our Mainstage Opera Chorus. BIPOC artists are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Must be able to present, at the time of your audition, a 10-15-minute planned lecture of your choice.
- Candidates should have experience with German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and French languages and diction, with expertise and knowledge of the operatic repertoire of all eras.
- Experience in preparing and performing traditional and modern works is required.
- Applicants with experience with administrative duties in opera production and a post-baccalaureate degree in music is preferred.
- A statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is required - An EDI Statement describes a candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- The ability to read music is preferred.
Arizona Opera reserves the right to hear and see only specific portions of any selection offered.
If you require an accommodation to participate in this audition process, please send an email to the below email address.
Proof of vaccination will need to be provided by anyone entering the audition room prior to the date of audition or at the time of audition. Artists may wish to sing with a mask. If the artist wishes to perform without a mask, it is asked that they wear the mask on their wrist or keep it with their other personal belongings. Please do not set mask on the piano for the audition. Should the artist need to speak to the audition panel, they should wear their mask for this conversation.
To express interest in auditioning, please send a resume and headshot by EOD May 21st, 2022 to:
Director, Community Alliances | Arizona Opera
Auditions will take place at the Arizona Opera Center
(1636 N. Central Ave. Phoenix Arizona, 85004).
Further information will be provided if you are granted an audition.
Salary and Benefits
These paid assignments range from ($50/ hr.to $150/perf.), are part-time and occasional.