Arizona Opera announces auditions for the following:
37 projected services for 2023/24 Season
2023/24 Season per service rate:
Plus per diem, travel and hotel stipend per CBA
Employment will begin no later than the 2024/25 Season
A Trial production may be offered to finalists in the 2023-2024 season:
The Barber of Seville, Rossini: January 20, 2024 – February 4, 2024
Roméo & Juliette, Gounod: February 24, 2024 – March 10, 2024
Don Giovanni, Mozart: April 13, 2024 – April 28, 2024
Concertmaster auditions will take place on Monday, December 4, 2023 at the Arizona Opera Center. Times will be announced prior.
Applications are due Monday, November 20, 2023. To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
- 1st movement of a major romantic or standard concerto for violin with cadenza
- Mozart Concerto for Violin #3, #4 or #5. First movement with cadenza.
- Massenet, Thais: Méditation
- Gounod, Faust: Act 3, No. 12 Cavatine
- Mozart, The Marriage of Figaro: Overture, m. 108-171
- Puccini, Madama Butterfly: Act 1 Reh 129- 2 after Reh 132
- Puccini, Madama Butterfly: Beginning through 5 after Reh 3
- Puccini, Madama Butterfly: Act 3, Reh 10 - Reh 13
- Strauss, Ariadne auf Naxos: Opera, Reh 150 - Reh 169, and Reh 306 - Reh 310
- Strauss, Salome: Tanz, Reh F to 3rd of Reh H, and 9 before Reh Q to Reh V
- Verdi, La traviata: Top of Prelude to end of Prelude