Education Teaching Artists for the Winter/Spring 2024 Season
HIRING SOPRANO, MEZZO-SOPRANO, AND PIANIST
The Arlyn M. Brewster Tucson OperaTunity Troupe travels to area schools performing all-school assemblies of various adapted operas for elementary and middle school aged students. The troupe performs over 100 shows for over 25,000 students from January - May. This year’s show is Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?, adapted from Mozart’s Don Giovanni, performed in English.
- This is a part-time position.
- Troupe members are expected to be available January 2 – May 17, 2022 from 8 AM – 4 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday with some flexibility from January 2 – January 15.
- There is no housing or housing stipend provided for this position.
- Troupe members are asked to be flexible regarding performance space – you may have performances outside.
Date: October 3, 2023
Time: 5-6:30 PM MST
Location: Arizona Opera Center
What to bring: Headshot and current resume
Please provide two selections:
- Any Mozart aria of your choice
- An aria or art song in English
- Each auditioner is to prepare 2 selections, as follows:
- This selection: Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Audition Selection
- You will perform the Introduction of this piece
- Any additional piece of your choice
Video Auditions Accepted if singer/pianist cannot be at in person auditions. In-person auditions are however strongly encouraged.
To schedule your audition, please email Education & Community Engagement Manager, Madalyn Kiewiet, at email@example.com.
Audition Video Deadline: September 30, 2023
Submit your audition video and resume to Director of Education, Cassie Hollerbach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the video or in person audition, please email Director of Education & Community Engagement, Cassie Hollerbach at email@example.com.