Marion Roose Pullin ARIZONA OPERA STUDIO: Singers
Applicants must be United States citizens or have the right to work in the United States. Non U.S. citizens must send a photocopy of their documentation proving right to work in the United States.
How To Apply
Received By Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- Video recording of two operatic arias (one of which must be in English), made within twelve months of the application deadline.
- Completed application form.
- Detailed résumé, PDF format only.
- 3 professional references and contact information for each.
- Headshot, JPEG format only.
- An audition fee of $20 will be charged only to those applicants who are granted an audition.
Do not include biography or press materials with application. Only requested materials will be taken into consideration for an audition.
Any additional materials will be discarded.
Application Form Location
Audition Locations and Dates
- Cincinnati, OH USA: Monday, September 27, 2021
- Houston, TX USA: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- New York, NY USA: Monday, October 4, 2021 - Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- Phoenix, AZ USA: Saturday, October 16, 2021
Please prepare five operatic selections, varying in language and style. The list must include four arias in at least three different languages. The fifth selection MUST be in English and from the 20th or 21st century.
Musical theater, jazz standards, or art song will not be accepted.
Each audition appointment is allotted five (5) minutes. Please make sure your selection fits within this time allotment.
Also, please be prepared to sing a different aria to start with if so requested.
There is no fee for the provided pianist.
Phoenix, AZ USA
Studio Artists sing and cover mainstage roles throughout the season, in addition to a fully staged scenes program. Arizona Opera programs between 4 and 5 mainstage productions per season, spanning repertoire from world premieres to beloved classics.
Assignments for the 2022/23 Season will be shared with candidates upon receiving an offer of employment.
September 1, 2022 - April 30, 2023
You will be notified via YAP Tracker whether or not you have been granted an audition on or before September 7, 2021.
The Marion Roose Pullin Arizona Opera Studio provides emerging artists with comprehensive performance and training opportunities. Ideal candidates possess a reliable vocal technique and have typically finished reputable graduate degree programs or young artist training programs.
Program components include:
- Performance opportunities on the mainstage and select special events throughout the season.
- Well-rounded, personalized vocal instruction and coaching that takes each artist to the next level and prepares them for successful careers as soloists.
- Career development assistance to help artists build relationships that will guide and promote their initial steps into the profession.
Payment is provided
* Studio Artists are hired as full time, non-exempt employees of Arizona Opera.
Benefits of employment include:
- Compensation (During the 2021/22 Season, the gross bi-weekly pay is $1,050). Studio Artists are paid this gross amount twice a month.
- Furnished housing for the duration of employment period.
- Discretionary travel stipend of up to $1,000.
- Eligible to participate in Arizona Opera's benefits plan, including health, dental, and life insurance, after two months of employment.
- Arizona Opera is located in Phoenix, AZ. Studio Artists are responsible for their own ground transportation while in Arizona.
- Arizona Opera is unable to assume responsibility for housing spouses/partners, children, or pets.
For repertoire inquiries or questions concerning the program, please contact Christopher Cano, email@example.com
For questions related to auditioning (i.e., time changes, waitlist, etc.), please contact Zackery Hayhurst, firstname.lastname@example.org