Part-time Box Office Associate
Arizona Opera, originally the Tucson Opera Company, was founded in 1971 by a dedicated group of opera enthusiasts. Its inaugural season featured two performances of Rossini’s The Barber of Seville in Tucson and by the 1976 – 1977 season Arizona Opera was performing complete seasons in both Tucson and Phoenix.
Since its inaugural year, Arizona Opera has produced over 170 fully-staged operas and concerts. The company’s artistic history is rich with a blend of opera’s traditional repertoire featuring baroque, bel canto, and verismo works, turn-of-the-century masterpieces, operettas, and American operas. Arizona Opera has also presented Wagner’s complete Ring Cycle twice, a feat that has only been accomplished in North America by four other companies.
On stage, Arizona Opera presents artists of both international stature and emerging talent, and each season balances debut artists and the return of favorite performers. Arizona’s musical talent is showcased in its acclaimed orchestra and chorus. The Arizona Opera Orchestra, established in 2000, consists of members of symphony orchestras from Flagstaff, Phoenix, and Tucson, as well as faculty from local universities, and the chorus is comprised of Phoenix and Tucson community members and students from local universities.
In addition to producing five grand operas each year in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona Opera offers in-school touring productions and numerous outreach events for children and adults of all ages.
Job Title: Part time Box Office Associate
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Department: Box Office
Reports To: Box Office Manager
FLSA Status: Eligible for OT (not-exempt)
Classification: Part time
- Processing ticket orders at window and via telephone, mail, or fax
- Process season ticket exchanges and ticket donations
- File and organize season orders and post mail orders to outgoing mail at the end of each day
- Work performances and events as required by manager
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Experience with customer service and organizational skills with a strong emphasis on multi-tasking and flexibility
- Experience with a high-volume call environment a plus
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, telephone, and in writing) are required, as well as an excellent work ethic and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills with PCs, Microsoft Excel and Word are required
- Experience with box office ticketing systems and Tessitura is a plus
- Available to work for extended weekends and evening hours
- Proficient Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
- Proficient with Tessitura
- Proficient in web-based research tools
Extended periods at work station, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person. Some special event set up and break down may be required.
Work environment is generally quiet, and in an office setting, but intensifies during periods when the company is in production. Also, see Physical Demands section above re special events.
Reliable transportation required and must be able to travel statewide. Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends to attend events, performances, rehearsals, etc.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
The Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Arizona Opera does not discriminate against an Employee or candidate for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, engagements, assignments, training, discipline, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.