Arizona Opera has a need for people interested in working as Scenic Carpenters. Variety of skills and experience levels are required, we encourage all interested candidates to apply quickly.
Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal access and opportunity to anyone who qualifies, regardless of sex, race, age, color, religion, mental or physical disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, and/or military status. Arizona Opera is committed to racial equity and to dismantling historic barriers of oppression.
- Wages as per the Arizona Opera/IATSE Collective agreement.
- Any work exceeding 8 hours per day and/or 40 regular hours per week will be paid at the overtime rate.
- This position has flexibility to accommodate various employees and their prior commitments.
- Reports to and is supervised by the Head Carpenter and Steward
- This position is based out of the Arizona Opera Scenic Studio in Phoenix – these are not stage calls.
- Ariadne auf Naxos: Starting immediately until November 18, 2022
- Touring Education Production: December, 2022
- The Magic Flute: January, 2023
- Typical Shop hours are Monday-Friday: 7 AM - 4 PM MST
- Overtime hours are expected for the entirety of the Ariadne auf Naxos build (10 hour days + Saturday)
- Experience working in other scenic shops as applicable to your application. Emphasis on wood carpentry for theater.
- Knowledge and adherence of safe working practices.
- Ability to remain positive, upbeat, professional with a calm demeanor.
- A demonstrated willingness to promote a team atmosphere of respect and mutual co-operation.
- Physical ability: to climb, work on ladders / vertical lifts, lift up to 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Approval of IATSE Local 336 to work
To apply for this position please email or fax your cover letter and resume along with any other pertinent information to Arizona Opera Attn: Carpentry Department.
Apply by email : email@example.com
For further information on this opportunity, please email Ryan Bruner, Head Carpenter and Scenic Shop Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no deadline for applications, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible for the most opportunities for work. Interviews and skill assessments are only scheduled as/if needed.