Your hosts are Mara and Keith Aspinall, first time Opera Feast hosts, and they are very generously welcoming 18 guests to dine on the covered patio in their Foothills home. Mara and Keith will be preparing an elaborate Italian meal typical of the Lazio region of Italy, where Rome is located.
The Arizona Opera production of Cenerentola (Cinderella) will be celebrating the 200th anniversary of the opera’s first performance in Rome. While based on the original fairy tale, in the Rossini version, Cinderella is identified by her bracelet not her glass slipper. There is also less magic than in the Disney version, but your hosts will create their own magic with this dinner. We are thrilled that the Aspinalls volunteered to host an Opera Feast with so many guests. Do come, meet your very interesting hosts, and enjoy an evening of Italian delicacies in a setting worthy of a prince and princess.
- Sunset Aperitivo: Prosecco with cheeses, olives and nuts
- Antipasti: Charcuterie platter and bruschetta with homemade focaccia
- Primi: Tagliatelle with mushrooms and truffle butter
- Secondi: Roast lamb with gremolata
- Contorni: Roasted cauliflower, seasonal vegetables, and baked garlic
- Dolce: Pumpkin Tiramisu with gelato (there is no pumpkin in Rossini’s Cinderella but your hosts could not resist)
- Dinner will be served with classic Italian white and red wines
About Opera Feasts
Opera Feasts, now in their 9th season, are dinners held in private home themed to the operas of the Arizona Opera season. They are a major fundraiser of the Opera League. Our generous hosts donate all of their expenses so that 100% of the proceeds go to Arizona Opera. We have kept the price at $125 per seat and you get a tax deduction of $75 for every Opera Feast seat you purchase.